NC The Explanaratory Gap Five
Born in Whakatane in 1967, Nina spent a transient childhood gaining an education from multiple schools throughout the central North Island. In adulthood she attended Christchurch Polytechnic School of Art and Design earning a Bachelor of Design.
Until gaining her degree, Nina was largely self-taught, mastering media and technique through books, experimentation and intense practice. This drive for learning, experimentation and mastery shapes Nina’s practice as does her profound desire to communicate authentically through her work.
After graduating, she was employed to teach drawing at the Christchurch Polytechnic School of Art and Design and taught both their (figure and general drawing) and at Natcoll Design Technology (drawing, art history and design history) for three years. Nina has worked part-time as a Graphic Designer for 15 years and teaches drawing classes at the Christchurch WEA to this day.
In 2007 Nina established a studio in central Christchurch later moving to her current studio in Westmorland, Christchurch.
Nina’s work is held in private collections in New Zealand and overseas.
- Solo exhibition, Under the Red Veranda, 2007
- Solo exhibition, Cultured Gallery, 2007
- Solo exhibition, COCA (Centre of Contemporary Arts), 2008
- Solo exhibition, Little River Gallery, 2010
- Solo exhibition, Little River Gallery, 2011
- Solo exhibition, Little River Gallery, 2012
- Joint exhibition, Kereru Gallery, 2012
- Solo exhibition, Kereru Gallery, 2014
- Solo exhibition, Kereru Gallery, 2016
- Solo exhibition, Little River Gallery, 2015
- Group exhibition, Kereru Gallery, 2017
- Group exhibition, Kereru Gallery, 2018
- Group exhibition, Kereru Gallery, 2019
21st Jan 2020 - 8th Feb 2020: Nina Cook and Michael Collins